Mirrors make great accent pieces around a home. Whether they are framed and on display in the entry way, or raw and in the bathroom, mirrors are very useful and practical. You can either hire a contractor Aurora IL to hang a mirror for you, or you can do it yourself! This is an easy project that can make a difference around your home.
In order to hang a mirror, you’ll need a few tools:
- Drill & Driver Bits
- Painters Tape
- Wall Anchors
- Picture Hanging Hardware
- Angle Brackets/ Corner Braces
- Tape Measure
- Stud Finder
With all of the necessary tools assembled, you are ready to hang your mirror! Here are the step-by-step instructions to get it hung on your wall, quickly and safely!
- Hold the mirror up to the wall, as close to eye level as possible. Use either a pencil or painters tape to mark the wall, near the center of the top edge of the mirror. If the mirror is too heavy, recruit help in holding the mirror up.
- Look at the back of the mirror and see what hanging hardware is attached. Most popular options include D-rings or wire. You can hang rings or wire from two hooks on the wall.
- In order to get an accurate measurement between the hooks located on the mirror, stick a long piece of painter’s tape on a level, and make a mark on the tape, indicating the space between the D-rings.
- Now, you’ll need to measure from the mounting hook to the top of the mirror. This will indicate how far down to place the mounting hardware.
- Transfer the distance from the mounting hook and the top of the mirror to the wall. You’ll need to make this mark down from the mark that you made in step 1.
- Center your level on the wall and mark the location for the mounting holes on the wall using your pencil.
- If you are in line with a stud, you are good to secure the hardware. If you are not in line with a stud, you’ll need to install a wall anchor prior to attaching the hardware.
- Finally, add bumpers to the bottom corners of the mirror to prevent it from scratching the wall.
- Now you are ready to gently hang the mirror on the hooks you have attached to the wall.
As you can see, hanging a mirror is an easy task that anyone can do. If you are trying to hang a large mirror, it might be in your best interest to hire a contractor Aurora IL to help!