Whether you have just moved into new home construction Naperville IL or you have decided that it is time to replace your current curtains with something more modern, hanging curtains is an easy project that can be tackled in a Saturday afternoon. Here are some easy, step-by-step instructions to help you get your curtains hung!
What You Need
In order to be able to hand your curtains you will need:
- Curtain Rod with Brackets
- Tape Measure
How to Measure Curtains, Brackets, and Rods
There is a right way to hang curtains to provide a balanced look. Here are a few simple steps to take to ensure that you achieve the perfect placement of your curtains.
- Measure from the floor to the top of the window frame. This will tell you the length of the curtain that you will need to adequately cover your window. When hung, curtains should just barely touch the floor, or slightly pool.
- Now that you know the length of curtains you’ll need, you’ll be able to determine where you need to hang your curtain rod. You’ll want to position your brackets so that your rod sits approximately six-inches above the window frame.
- Measure the depth of your window to determine the size of brackets you will need. You will want to have brackets that extend past the depth of your window molding. Brackets that are too shallow will result in curtains that don’t hang properly.
- To achieve the best look, you’ll want to get curtain panels that are at least as wide as your window. This will help to ensure that you achieve full coverage as well.
How to Hang Curtain Rods
Now that you know what you need to do to achieve perfect placement of your curtains and have gathered all your necessary tools, you are ready to hang your curtains!
- Measure from the floor, up to the height of your curtain panels. Using your pencil and tape measure, make a mark for your brackets that is 6-inches past the outside edge of your window. This will allow for the curtains to frame the windows and allow in optimal natural light.
- Using your screwdriver, attach the brackets to the wall. Use a level to check that the sides are even.
- Place the curtains on the rod, and then place the rod in the brackets.
- Step back and enjoy your handiwork!
Hanging curtains in your new home construction Naperville IL is an easy task that anyone can take on. Now you are ready to get your curtains hung and start decorating your new home!